Thursday, October 2, 2008

New apron


The lighting wasn't so great for these pictures, but you can get an idea. The first go 'round had the lace with more of the raw edge side showing, so I decided to rip it all out and start over. When I went to put it back together the lace was shorter than the patchwork strip. How did that happen? I think when ripping the seam the patchwork strip stretched some while the lace didn't. When I did the second strip I ironed it which must have shrank it back to size. Anyway, I was wishing I had just left it, as it ended up being way more work than I had planned. But I do like it better after I "fixed" it. Unfortunately, I don't have before and after pictures. This pattern came from A Is for Apron. The book is definitely on my Christmas wish list (if I can wait that long).

Our first day with our friends has gone very well. One of the girls, K, was allowed to play with Amy's dolls. K was absolutely amazed that we have so many dolls. I told her we sort of collect them. Her comment to that was that "you probably have so many dolls because it makes you feel like you have more children." LOL!

I'm considering making applesauce with them on Sat. I may regret that decision, but I've been wanting to do it anyway. There's an orchard just down the highway from here, so it's convenient.

6 comments:

Mom said...

What is the navy "tab" at the waist? It turned out sharp looking.

momawake said...

The tab is for holding a towel. I think I prefer holding the towel over my shoulder.

Lorna said...

I love your apron, it is so cute. I am a big fan of aprons, wear one every day.

Christine said...

Love the apron. The lace really makes it something special.

Mom to Anyone said...

Pretty apron. And I would make the applesauce. The kitchen will clean, and you'll make a great memory. In fact, you might just become a favorite with those kiddos=)

Anonymous said...

Oooohhhh, I LOVE that apron!!! Your hard work paid off!

And I can't wait to see clearer/sharper pictures of the girls in their chicken aprons! You all look like you were having a great time! Thanks again for caring for the girls! ;-)