Saturday, October 4, 2008

Applesauce

Praying and instruction giving. I was having a hard time thinking through the process of getting four of us organized, so we started with prayer. God is good. Then came the instructions.

The beauty of God's creation.

First in line is K who made the apples "swim." Next in line is me. I did the peeling. C did the coring and Amy did the slicing, she also took them to the crock pots. Once the crockpots were filled K put the water in, plugged in the crockpots and turn them on.

One important detail...the girls were all decked out in the chicken aprons I made. : )

3 comments:

Mom said...

What a fun learning experience, a lasting memory, and an easier way to get the job done. Yeh, for the aprons!

Amy said...

Hmmm, I just realized we never got a very good picture of all of us in our chicken aprons. :-( Oh well. I guess C and K will just have to come back so we can get one... LOL!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you have quite a kitchen crew there! My girls and I use a crockpot to make apple sauce and applebutter as well. It's always an enjoyable time for us as it also seems to be for you. The day provides good training as well as for good memories.

Please let Amy know that I also visit her blog, but I seem to have much more difficulty leaving comments there. Last week I wanted to let her know that I love Samantha's dress and hat. My younger daughter also enjoys Amy's blog.