Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Orchard

There's an orchard just down the highway from our house. It might take three minutes to drive there. This is where we bought our apples for the sauce.


K lived in a Russian orphanage for the first five years of her life, so she's not had all the experiences other children her age may have had. Today was her first day to walk through an orchard.

While C and Amy sat under a tree sketching K and I went on our own "noticing project." Below are a few things we noticed.



2 comments:

Mom said...

The apples really look good. Do you know what the other pictures are?

Anonymous said...

I love fresh-picked apples! It's mind-blowing how much better they taste. We have an orchard fairly near us, but I have NOT wanted to eat apples since I've been pregnant. Next year we'll take the baby apple-picking. Food is less aversive though and I feel a million times better today than I have. It is a gift I might not have tomorrow, so today I will notice and appreciate that food tastes good am I am grateful for that.