Friday, September 19, 2008

Sew Crafty Friday

This week I've been working on this blouse which has a 20" zipper in the back. It turned out fine, even though the zipper was difficult. Next I'm going to add some black eyelet to the neck edge to make it more modest. When I asked dh about it he agreed that it needed somemore fabric there.

This is Amy's digital version of the black eyelet. I thought she's was funny.


Joann had a sale and this is the fabric that called my name. You know I need no more fabric. Thanks to a friend's pattern idea the blouse will be a nice fall addition to the wardrobe.
Happy sewing! Visit Shereen's blog by clicking the Sew Crafty Friday picture to see others' work.

9 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Oh, that is just adorable! Amy is funny, but I sure hope you don't put that much black on it! A little eyelet or ruffle would be perfect. I actually made ruffle from a fat quarter piece for a sweater I made (it's on my blog), for the same reason as you...there was just a little too much skin showing. I think black eyelet will be lovely. Either that, or you could tea-dye some white eyelet to give it an ecru color. Either way, the blouse is beautiful and I really love it! (And I don't like doing zippers much, either!)

Richelle said...

That fabric is beautiful! Very pretty shirt.

Mom said...

The fabric is so you. It is very pretty. I don't know if you wear much black, but a black skirt or pants would set it off well.

Nanci said...

I understand your wanting to adjust the neckline a little bit. It's always hard to tell if this is needed before you get it to the place that you can try it on. This household has had to tweek a few necklines from time to time as well. But I REALLY do like the style of this blouse. It's very becoming.

Amy's take on the eyelet is very interesting. LOL

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful fabric and a lovely blouse. When we find shirts are too low for our daughter we tend to go for the layered look with t's and turtlenecks. I love the eyelet idea and hope you post a picture of your finished project. Great job.

Christine said...

Lovely! What size did you make that? I've got the same pattern that I'd like to make for myself.

momawake said...

Christine, I think I made the 12.

Cheri said...

So cute - the blouse and Amy!

Are you a Nebraska fan? I lived in Omaha from 1956-1967. Course I was very, very young and you probably weren't even born yet!

Amy said...

LOL! My "Little black box". :-P
Glad everyone's getting entertainment out of it....
Hey, and mom2fur...I suggested the tea dying too! I thought it's a good idea. Mom said no. Why, I don't know.