Friday, September 12, 2008

Sew Crafty Friday

Click on the above picture to see what others are sewing this week.

Here's what I've been working on over the last two weeks.

Last fall I started this retro swing coat, but it was way, way too big and I got discouraged, so I put it aside. This fall I decided to take it to a seamstress to finish it for me. When I met with her she looked it over and decided not to do it. :-( But she encouraged me to cut it smaller and finish it myself. So I cut it to the smallest size and finished it, but it's still too big. I think I just need to shorten the sleeves and it would be OK. Maybe I'll get to that yet before summer is officially over. Maybe.

A much more fun project was this apron. It's got an underlayer and an overlayer to which I attached matching pre-pleated ribbon. I did buy the ribbon and the fabric for the underlayer, but the top is from Amy's stash.

3 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Oh, I love the colors in the apron!
And the coat...yes, please shorten the sleeves! Other than that, it looks fine. Remember, you might be wearing a sweater under it so it won't be so big then. It's really nice!

Mom said...

Both items are fun colors. Another possibility for the coat might be to roll the sleeves up for a fashion statement, not to avoid shortening them.

momawake said...

I thought about rolling up the sleeves. Good idea!