Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Egg Salad

Since I've been on the candida diet I eat a lot of eggs and other proteins. It's nice to have variety instead to the same thing all the time. Here's one way I like my eggs.

Egg salad

2 hardboiled eggs, chopped or mashed or however you like 'em
1 tbs homemade mayo (see here for recipe)
1 tbs avocado dip (see below for recipe)
green onions, chopped
salt to taste

Combine all ingredients. I do not measure the mayo or the dip, I just put in a spoonful of each. Serves one.


Avocado dip/dressing

1 avocado, pitted, peeled
1 tsp garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
pepper
juice of one lemon
1/2 c olive oil
2 green onions

In food processor combine all ingredients except olive oil. Process until smooth. With machine running, slowly add olive oil. The consistency is more like dip, to make dressing add water to desired thickness or thinness. ;-)

2 comments:

Mom to Anyone said...

Sounds good. Too bad I'm allergic to avocados (which, incidentally, I found out while on the anti-candida diet.)

Mom said...

I make a similar egg salad(with tuna or chicken added). I call it my medicine. I puree a generous amount of onions and fresh garlic to add to the chopped eggs. If that is not enough to moisten the eggs, I add some salsa. This has very little fat in it. The onions and garlic are supposed to keep me from getting sick. I discovered cracked pepper Triskets. I eat the egg salad with them. Yum! On the candida diet it works to eat it with raw carrots, cucumber, celery, etc. Sometimes I get a little too much onion and garlic so it tastes a little bitter.