Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Nebraska bag

I finished this yesterday or maybe it was Sunday, I don't remember. : ( Anyway, it's pretty cute, if I do say so...

Today I started on a blouse I've been wanting to make. I'll post a picture when it's done. It's got a zipper, which I know I can do, but I'm still a bit nervous about it.

Our school books have been stretching my brain this term. I was never very good at or interested in books that were hard to understand. Right now we're reading Fierce Wars and Faithful Loves. I have to listen pretty closely to get what's going on. I can't tell you how thankful I am that Amy is getting it. She can explain it to me. ; ) We're also reading Westward Ho! and Winston Churchill's Birth of Britain, the other two I have difficulty with. I am working at attending well, but my mind wants to be lazy.

4 comments:

Mom said...

I was just lamenting out loud(I don't know who was listening.) that I prefer to read works where the author was able to just tell you in plain prose what wisdom they are imparting. It will nearly always go over my head if there are very many figures of speech, etc. I don't mind words I don't know the meaning of because I can look those up if needed. The old Cliff Notes were a help at times, but not all books have that crutch. Sorry that I have passed that weakness on.

Mom said...

I like the bag. It would be a really good seller around here.

Amy said...

I am getting the basic storyline of Westward Ho!, but the descriptive talk that we read today was just a slight bit crazy. I mean, who actually TALKS that descriptive? I am not really getting the Winston Churchill book except that it is telling some history of England and them fighting Scotland.

Anonymous said...

Again I say--Go Big Red!

I started loving zippers when I discovered the invisible kind--and the invisible zipper foot for my machine. That little foot hugs the edge of the zipper so well that you get a perfect zipper every time. Normal zippers elude me. Oh well.