Saturday, April 26, 2008

Columbine


We bought a pot of these at Lowes last night. It was a nice date-night treat. We also brought home a couple Stella D'oro plants, a pot of Daisies, marigold and lobelia seeds. This morning early, dh went to the garden center and bought three trees (they had 30% off between 6:00 and 10:00). He came home with my requested pink weeping cherry, like the one we had at our previous house, a peach tree and a nectarine tree. He had a great day working in the yard! He mowed the lawn for the first time this season and planted the three trees; he found four other little sapplings that he planted; he fixed and cut down a couple other trees. Since yesterday was Arbor Day, I guess he was right on the money. I'll get pictures of the trees and post them here soon.

3 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Those are so beautiful! We used to have a weeping cherry at my old house. It was such a pretty tree. The one we had here died, but I wish we had another one...they really are magnificent!
BTW, thanks for the nice comment you left on my blog on the little fabric bucket I made!

Anonymous said...

Those are lovely! Will you get fruit from the cherry tree?

momawake said...

The weeping cherry is an ornamental tree, so no fruit from it.