Friday, December 14, 2007

Friends and Art

Today I spent the day in Columbus with a friend. We started off at Archivers. We each went our separate ways and enjoyed the hunt for a bargain or at least some great product. Then we went to Trader Joes. Since I rarely get there I stocked up on a few things.

We had lunch in German Village at Max & Ermas. I love the old buildings in German Village.

Our main goal for this trip was the Columbus Art Museum to see the Monet exhibit. The exhibit focused on Monet's life at Giverney and included some Americans who went there during Monet's life to learn from watching him. Overall my opinion is that the exhibit was OK, but the one I had seen earlier in the year in Cleveland was much more extensive because it included Monet's entire life as an artist, not just the Giverney years.

I am glad we went. We got to know each other better and I think we'll look forward to more art excursions among other things. The next artist we hope to see is Norman Rockwell in Akron.

No comments: