Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Pillow cases



Here are the pillowcases I made to go with a quilt to be auctioned for our friends' adoption fund. You made learn more here. There's a picture of the quilt on that site.
I generally use rickrack on the pillowcases, but this time I used piping because it matched better. While it's not necessarily harder to work with than rickrack it's difficult to get it right at the edge, so you can see the stitching on the piping. I'm not totally happy with how they turned out, but I do think they are passable.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have a piping foot? It has a wee groove that the piping feeds straight through. The pillowcases look lovely.

momawake said...

I don't think I have a piping foot. I'll have to check.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see all 5 pieces together! Can we all pray for God to send the right buyer?! ;-)

We came home from the TSC Banquet encouraged to continue to wait on God and His leading and timing in our adoption journey . . . alot of encouragement was given to us. People said that in their experience God doesn't provide "adoption fund" money for no reason. . . ;-) I guess we will see what continues to develop. Keep praying for K.I. and for God's will to be done in her life--and ours.
Thanks again for all you do to help and support us during this difficult time!!!