Friday, July 29, 2011

Dream On Finale

ETA: Here's a link to Christine's finished quilt.

It's finally finished! Read the reason for this quilt here.

IMG_8196

IMG_8195
Here's the binding.

IMG_8192
I chose the fabric for the back to match the pattern on the front.

IMG_8194
The back is two pieces which I put together matching the diamond shapes. The flowers don't match, but the angles do. Also in this picture, the tension problems are noticeable.

IMG_8189
This one shows one block.

I got the idea to do this particular quilt from here. The whole thing was a stretch for me. I much prefer to sew rectangles rather than triangles, but I wanted to do something different for this quilt.

I did the quilting myself on the long-arm machine at the quilt shop. It was only the third quilt I've ever done on it and by far the largest. It's approximately 83.5x70.5.

Overall, I'm happy with the results. Mostly, I'm happy it's done!

6 comments:

Christine said...

I Like! A lattice quilt is on my mental to-do list. I really like how it came out with the Dream On fabrics.

I'm off to blog about my own now.

Mom said...

Wow! Nice work! I am impressed with your quilting skill.

Sonja said...

Very nice! I LOVE the colours in it!

Mom to Anyone said...

This a beautiful quilt. I really like the colors. Cheerful without being overwhelming.

Christine said...

I finally blogged about mine.

Kristal said...

You and Christine made two beautiful quilts. I love your pattern