Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Flowers and Polka dots

For the latest Kit dress I dispensed with all the contrast except for the binding. I think it turned out well. I still need to make a belt or put a ribbon around her waist or buttons down the front. It needs a little something.

IMG_1491

IMG_1487

This jacket was so much fun to plan and very easy to sew. The only thing I don't love about it are the buttons. It was hard to decide what color considering the white polka dots. I picked black because of the contrast and there's black in the lining. I used Simplicity 3551 view D and added the buttons.

IMG_1500

IMG_1503

7 comments:

Happymom4 aka Hope Anne said...

The tiny cherries on that fabric are just Soooo cute and very "Kit-ish". I love the pattern--love the fabric. (Where did you get the fabric, if I may ask?!)

The jacket is cute too. ;-)

Amy said...

I like the buttons! :-)

momawake said...

Amy thinks we got the cherry fabric at Joanns, but I don't remember.

Nanci said...

I love your choice of fabrics, and I love the style of the jacket. I just quickly went to see if I had the pattern. I don't, but I have a very similar pattern (McCall's M4896) that I can lengthen and add buttons. After I catch up on some of my "must do, have deadlines" sewing projects, I think I'll try the jacket. The fabric prints you used really "make" the jacket. Love it!!!

cheri said...

You make the cutest clothes with the cutest fabrics! Wish I could dress like your girls!

~*Mona*~ said...

So precious! You are so brave with the fabrics that you choose, and yet it turns out beautiful every time! Very nice!

Christine said...

Those are DARLING. Really. I love them.