Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Waiting

"The natural world waits with such grace. The quiet cocoon, the simple bud, the tiny seed…all beautiful in their silent, fallow forms. Each embody Job’s words, 'waiting for my change to come.'”

This quote came from a Charlotte Mason blog. Click here to read the whole article.

I must admit that waiting is difficult. Right now I'm waiting until we have health insurance (Aug. 1) to get some medical tests done. Meanwhile, sewing for my dolls, Emily and Josefina, has been like therapy for me. I listen to books on my ipod and sew. I told my dh that I'll have a slew of dolls clothes by the time I get through this. I'm trying to be like Job and worship God in the midst of suffering. I'm not really suffering, but the worry gets the best of me at times. I appreciate prayers and in the meantime enjoy all the pictures of the new doll clothes. As I've said before sewing isn't the only thing I do. We have one week of school left for our year. Then we'll have several weeks off. So school takes up some amount of my time along with daily household chores.

DH encouraged me to get out and walk, so Amy & I have been two days in a row. Today we learned something. You know those pretty periwinkle-colored flowers that grow by the side of the road? As far as I can tell from pictures it looks like chicory. I could be wrong, but it was a fun discovery. I'll see if I can get a picture of it to post.

3 comments:

Mom to Anyone said...

I bet you are right!! I love chicory. The color is wonderful, and the petal shape is unmatched. They are gorgeous wildflowers!

Anonymous said...

From your description, I would say it most def. is what we call chicory. I know it's blooming right now around here. ;-)

I'll pray that August 1 comes soon for you. (Do you have to wait because of D's new job??)

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you. It's know it's hard waiting.