Friday, July 25, 2008

Great Charlotte Mason blog post

http://childlightusa.wordpress.com/2008/07/25/a-dangerous-adventure-by-art-in-kenosha/

Oh, I should add that we finished our school year today! Yippee! We are both ready for a break. We'll start back up after labor day. I should also mention that we'll continue doing math and science during the time off. I know Amy isn't so thrilled, but hey you gotta do what you gotta do. ; )

Today we "killed" and ant and brought it back to life. I thought later that I should have taken pictures. First step is to collect a bug. Second, put it in water until it "dies" (you'll have to hold it down). After you're sure it's dead (this can take a while) spoon it out onto a paper towel, cover it with salt and wait. Watch it closely. Pretty soon you'll see your bug crawl away. Pretty cool!

3 comments:

Mom said...

What an interesting phenomenon!

Amy said...

At first we thought that the experiment didn't work but I dug around in the salt a little bit and discovered the problem was that the ant couldn't get out of the salt! It was all weighted down. But it was pretty funny to "raise" a ant from the dead. :-)

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful post. I'll have to read more about Charlotte Mason.