Tuesday, July 22, 2008

MCM Sale/AG Place

We left home Friday afternoon headed for Madison, WI. We had a good trip, although I bit long for my taste. My ankles were swollen by the time we got ready for bed. That was a first. Anyway, when we got into the hotel room Amy surprised me with Emily who had been stowed away in Amy's suitcase. I had not planned on bringing a doll on the trip because I didn't want to have to carry her around. But I was pleased.

Every year the Madison Children's Museum (MCM) has a American Girl sale to benefit the museum. It's held at the AG warehouse. Amy had heard about it and wanted to go. Tickets went on sale June 7 at 10:00. I was on-line right at 10:00 and was sent directly to the "waiting room." By the time it was my turn we ended up with noon tickets. (They started at 7:00.)

Here we are before the sale. We (all three of us) arrived around 11:30 or so. We were directed to the line which was divided by time areas. The 11:15 or 11:30 group was still in line, so we wondered how long we'd have to wait. I think we waited about 30 or 40 minutes in the sun. They had a big tent set up for these lines, but we didn't quite get under it before our turn.
The warehouse was pretty full of people and it was warm, but we managed to shop anyway. ; ) DH was very helpful to hold the bags of stuff for us while we looked. I'm so thankful.

Amy bought three dolls (among other things) on Saturday and two others for someone else. I managed to get out of there with only three hangers, a Bitty Baby outfit from years ago, and the Winter Weekend outfit.

On Sunday dh and Amy decided they'd go back (it was free to get in). They arrived around 7:30 and stood/sat in line for an hour and a half. WOW! I'm so glad I slept in. I think Amy bought a few things, but I don't remember. After checking out of the hotel we decided to go back one last time. ; ) That's when I found a couple more items.


So here's the loot I brought home. On Saturday the dolls were between $55 and $85. What was left on Sunday (the Just Like You dolls) were $35. I'm glad I waited. Although, I honestly had no plans to buy any dolls.

Emily is modeling the Winter Weekend outfit.


DH thought we should get a big plastic bin to house all the dolls (8 in all).

On Sunday after the sale, we left for Chicago and the American Girl Place. Once arriving, we were able to have a time of family worship and relax. On Monday morning we got up early so we could make the hour long drive to downtown. We wanted to be there when they opened so we could leave after lunch. So I actually got up at 7:00. I was pretty tired all day, but it was worth it to have the store mostly to ourselves at 9:00. We were able to look around and shop before it got crowded. We ate lunch in their cafe as a special treat.

Here's Heather, one of Amy's new dolls sitting at the table in the cafe.

Here are all the items I got from AG Place.

Above is my now expanded doll collection. From left to right: Etta Leigh, Josefina, Emily and Just Like You #25 who will be named soon. Etta's name comes from my middle name and dh's middle name with the feminine spelling. She is the doll that "looks" like me, although the only similarity is the hair and eye color. ; )

We had a great time. Even hubby enjoyed it. He felt good all weekend and was able to relax. And now it's great to be home!

1 comment:

Amy said...

It was a very fun trip! I think I would've enjoyed the MCM sale more if it wasn't so hot, but I think the bargains were worth it! :-D