Friday, July 25, 2008

Sew Crafty Friday

It's that time again. Click on the picture to go to Shereen's blog to see what others are creating.

Emily is modeling her new I dress I finished last week. Since we were out of town last week I'm showing it this week.

This little set was made for the AG Fans Board sewing swap. It's for Kit and will be off to it's new owner today. I knitted the hat and even did a little free-hand embroidery on the bag. It's a bit odd looking, but I think it'll be fine.

ETA: I got the hat pattern here.

6 comments:

Mom said...

You did a great job on the "freehand" embroidery. The outfit is very nice.

Mom2fur said...

Your just a bottomless well of dolly craftiness, aren't you? I love that wide piece of lace on Emily's dress! And the embroidery on the little bag...too cute! I wish I could knit a hat like that, even a teeny one. I think your dolls might be better dressed than some real-life people!

Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest set!! Great job!!! I can't wait to try my hand at embroidery :) You did an awesome job!!!

Mom2fur said...

Hi, again! I only have one vintage pattern--this one. I also have on on loan from my friend who lives in PA. I made up the dress for her baby daughter. But I didn't want to mess with the delicate paper pieces, so I traced them onto exam table paper from the doctor's office where I work.
I don't think the instructions written 50 years ago were as easy and clear as nowadays, so I'm sure you need some sewing expertise with them. You have it, so you should give it a try!

Anonymous said...

Your doll dresses are beautiful! I especially like the blue one. Someday I'll try knittng, but for now I'll stick to my looms and crochet hooks. Thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

It is so pretty! I am very jealous of the person who gets it, LOL!