Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Today's accomplishment

I finished a nightgown for Amy today. It's the same style as the Addy American Girl nightgown. It took only 4 trips to the fabric store to get everything needed for it. ; ) First I bought fabric, then after starting the cutting I discovered there wasn't enough. I forgot I needed the trim for it, so we went back. Later Amy reminded me we needed buttons...

It actually only took an afternoon to sew once I got all my ducks in a row. Next project I'll try to make a better list.

The next project is a swing coat from dark orange corduroy and a coordinating lining. Hope it goes well, especially the fitting.

This blog has a weekly post called Sew Crafty Friday. I'm including this nightgown on there this week. http://w8ng4him.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Mom to Anyone said...

For all that, it looks like it turned out really well.

momawake said...

DH says we should move closer to the fabric store. ; )

Mom said...

How elegant! Beautiful! Fun!

~E said...

That's so pretty as is the jelly bag from Christmas. I'm so glad that there are other Christian crafty bloggers out there!

Shereen said...

How pretty. Both the nightgown and your daugther. ;0) You did a great job. Did you use a specific pattern for it? If you have the pattern company and number, I would to know. Thank you for sharing that quote from the book. It's funny, in the last 48 hours I have heard of that book 4 times. Maybe I need to look into buying it. lol

Mom2fur said...

It's so cute! My daughter had Molly when she was a kid. (Molly resides up in the attic now. My daughter just turned 23.) I used to love to sew for that doll. I loved sewing for my daughter, too, but I don't think I ever made her a nightgown. Not one as adorable as yours, at least.
BTW, it is so very heartening to hear that I am not the only one who can't finish a project because she's missing this or that ingredient. Can I tell you how many things I have hanging in the closet that need only a zipper, or the right buttons, or the right color binding? Never mind...I'm not saying!

momawake said...

My dd says she'll take the Molly doll. LOL!!

Ginny said...

Love the nightgowns. I so enjoy making matching clothes for my own daughter and her dolls. You did a beautiful job and so feminine. Love the details. Great job.
Ginny
www.homeschoolblogger.com/proverbsfamily