Friday, September 28, 2007

What do you love?

When my friend was here a couple weeks ago we were at the quilting store looking. There was some fabric there that I loved.

That got me to thinking about the things people love. While we probably use "love" a little too freely I thought it'd be interesting to see what comments I get about what you love.

I love turtle sundaes from Culvers(which I will eat again someday!), beautiful fabric, scrapbooking paper, books, birds and taking pictures of them from the window, good music, etc. Then I love my husband, my daughter, my parents, my sisters, my friends.

I love God, but I'd like to know what that looks like because it's sometimes hard for me to know what it means to love Him with all my heart, soul, mind and strength.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love horses, American Girl dolls, computer...and my mom and dad. <3

Mom said...

This is a deep one! Is it feelings/passion, or a choice of behavior? God tells us what love is in 1 Cor. 13. He himself is live embodied in Jesus. Rom. 12:1 tells us what it looks like, but we have trouble defining living sacrifice because we may not be willing to make the ultimate sacrifice as Jesus did, so we limit our sacrifice. We are forgiven for all our shortcomings though because He was willing to make the ultimate sacrifice. Just more food for thought.

Anonymous said...

I love . . . . God, my hubby, my beautiful and ornery children, BOOKS, OLD BOOKS, gorgeous sunsets, hiking in the proper woods (no, the woods around Dillon Lake does NOT met the criteria!), music, BOOKS, chocolate from Russia, my toddler's kisses and hugs, BOOKS (did I mention that before?!), emails . . . and thanks to you, scrapbooking supplies--I need to run a store for it--Ebay--BOOKS (I even shopped in a Russian bookstore for books--and all the books were in Russian!) So many things . . . I know we could quibble over what to use the word "love" for or not to use it for like some folks do (don't even get me started or you might hear some more stories from my childhood!) but I think we can safely agree that it's something we feel strong positive emotions about . . . and I feel strong positive emotions about all the stuff I listed--and so many more!