Here a two recipes I've tried recently(without pictures because I don't think about taking pictures of food until after it's gone or put in the frig.).
Provencal Garlic Soup
4 heads garlic
1 large yellow onion, chopped
42 oz. chicken broth
1 - 6 oz. can tomato paste
3 tbs. olive oil
1. Fill small deep saucepan with water, bring to a boil. Separate garlic into cloves, place in water; blanch exactly one minute. Drain in colander, rinse under cold water. Peel.
2. Combine garlic, onion, broth & tomato paste in a slow cooker, stir. Cover, cook on low 6 to 7 hours.
3. Puree the soup with hand held blender, food processor or regular blender. Before serving add the olive oil. Ladle into bowls.
This one is yummy. It's got a slightly sweet tangy flavor. I think it could use a little salt, but it's fine without. Step one is pretty time consuming. My family did like it.
Fancy Fixins Cauliflower
1 small head cauliflower
1 tbs butter
1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
2 tbs cider vinegar
2 tbs chicken broth or water
1 tbs canned pimientos, drained, chopped
1 tsp sugar (I substituted a dash of stevia)
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/8 tsp black pepper
1. Separate cauliflower into florets. In large saucepan, bring 1/2 inch water to boil. Add cauliflower. Lower heat, simmer, covered 8 - 10 minutes. Drain. Transfer to serving bowl.
2. Meanwhile, in small saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add celery, cook 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in vinegar and remaining ingredients. Drizzle over cauliflower. Stir and serve.
This recipe was pretty easy to do. Dh liked it, Amy didn't care for the vinegar flavor.