Friday, April 29, 2011

Second Sneak Peek--Dream On

Here's one last peek at the Dream On quilt before it becomes a quilt top. I finally got all the blocks finished and trimmed. I actually started sewing them together this afternoon. First, I laid them out on the floor to get the design I wanted. I only made one change by rearranging three blocks to get a better flow.

IMG_7400

IMG_7403

IMG_7405

I took the first part of the long-arm quilting class on Wednesday. I'll go next week for the second part which will be actually quilting my own quilt. Remember that bright pink, orange and black one I posted about a little while back? I know I won't remember everything I learned, but I hope next week will help. I plan to take more notes then. After that session I can go in on Fridays and quilt charity quilts for free. Otherwise, I'll rent the machine when I want to work on my own quilts. I like the idea of practicing on the ones for charity. My first attempt on Wednesday went relatively well for my first time. So, quilting for charity will still look ok. I do not like the idea of giving second best.

No comments: