Saturday, January 22, 2011

More pillowcases

Yesterday was to have been our monthly mother/daughter outing to Cleveland. We usually go to JEllen's House of Fabric and Trader Joes and then we do lunch. Since I woke up with an earache :( we didn't go. My wonderful dh suggested that he could take us up there today so I wouldn't have to drive so far and he could let me out at the door, so I wouldn't be outside too long. While still not feeling well, I felt better than yesterday so we went. One of the reasons I wanted to get there was because Joyce, owner of the fabric store was having a pillowcase drive. If you want you may read about it here. Early this week I raided my stash and came up with all the fabric to make six pillowcases minus one band fabric I needed to buy. Here are the six I dropped off today.

IMG_6362

Picnik collage pillow cases 2

Picnik collage pillow case 1

3 comments:

Karen said...

Great pillowcases. they are my instant gratification project. Plus they are pretty and practical.I made so many last year that I wished for a overlocker/serger.

Amy said...

Hey that collage thing is cool! Great job! :-) And you didn't even ask for my help!

Happymom4 aka Hope Anne said...

Lovely!! I'm impressed with the collage too! Someone please (hint, hint! Miss Amy?!) tell me how ?! ;-)

Also glad you were feeling well enough to be conveyed there by your Dh--that was really sweet of him!