Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tilapia Recipe

We had this fish last night. I found the recipe in a "Cooking with Trader's Joes" Facebook post. Here's the link to the recipe.

IMG_4029

The picture is of the leftovers. It's cold, so the fat has solidified. Also, as I am looking at the recipe to type it, I realize I forgot to put the olives in. They would have made the recipe much better. I'll have to add them to the leftovers. Here's my version (except the forgetting the olives).

Mediterranean Baked Fish

1 lb tilapia
1 c cherry tomatoes, halved or roma tomatoes, chopped
1/4 c chopped Kalamata olives
1/2 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbs olive oil
1/4 c chicken broth
salt

Oven 375 degrees. Place fish single layer in 9x9 baking dish (or whatever size they fit in). Sprinkle salt over.
In a bowl, combine tomatoes, olives, onion and garlic. Spoon over fish.
In a bowl whisk together oil and chicken broth. Pour over all.
Bake uncovered 25 minutes, or until fish flakes.

We liked this, but it didn't have much flavor, so the olives would have really helped that. Amy refused to even try it, she's not a fish lover. She had hot dogs which she cooked herself. DH put some kind of salad dressing all over his. :)

3 comments:

Happymom4 aka Hope Anne said...

Some similarities to the "Yulia's Fish" we make, having learned it from our friend. She recommends Italian Seasoning. It's very yummy that way. We also add fresh dill and parsley from our garden. YUMMY. And for those who can eat rice, we love to serve it with brown rice. Tremendously good!

Mom said...

It looks good. I wonder what "BAM" would have done for it.

Cheri said...

Funny, though I married a fisherman, I'm not crazy about fish either. But I'll have to make this for Pat. I think he'll like it.

P.S. - I'm baaaack....