Saturday, July 17, 2010

For the Birds

IMG_2315

Go here to see the rest of the bird pictures.

She really got to going while taking her bath. It was so much fun to watch.

We've decided to stop feeding the birds until winter because of the raccoon who is destroying all our flowers. He's been digging them up, turning over pots and he even knocked over the bird bath which is heavy. It makes me sad and mad at the same time.

This morning I went to the garage to get something from the refrigerator and discovered this. His eyes weren't even open yet. We're pretty sure it's a vole.

IMG_2600

IMG_2603

We found several more during the day and put them outside. Last year they summered in the grill. This year it's the garage. Next year I hope they go next door.

4 comments:

Cheri said...

Sorry you are having critter trouble. We can sure relate! Pat killed a black widow spider the other day. Kinda creepy to share our outdoor (hopefully not indoor) space with them.

And the red, white and blue dress? Simply adorable!

Mom to Anyone said...

Love the bird picture! Birds are fun to watch. This is a bit different, I know, but I really enjoy watching chickens. I could do so for a long time. It's amazing what you can learn about the way of things by doing so.

Mom said...

What kind of bird is it?

momawake said...

I think she's a house finch.