Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Roasted Cabbage Wedges

New to the pile last week, from Everyday Food.

Roasted Cabbage Wedges

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush a cookie sheet with olive oil. Place 1 medium head green cabbage, cut into 1-inch-thick rounds [think flat like pancakes], in a single layer on sheet and brush with olive oil. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Sprinkle with 1 tsp caraway or fennel seeds. Roast until cabbage is tender and edges are golden, 40-45 minutes. Serves 6.

It was all gone before I remembered about picture taking.

I didn't have caraway or fennel seeds so I left those out. My family wouldn't have liked them anyway. Amy really liked it. Dh didn't say much other than they were kind of plain (which is probably why Amy liked it). I thought it was ok, good with butter on top which I added to mine. I'll probably make this recipe again and try some different spices.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Thanks for a new idea for fixing cabbage. I may try it tonight.