I started out with five charm packs of Aviary by 3 Sisters for Moda Fabrics. The first step was to sort each charm pack to get a design idea. There were only five of the dark pink so I started with those laying each square on the floor until I liked what I saw (that meant some rearranging as I went). The next step was to pick up each row in order and label it. Then I started sewing each row together, then row to row.
When the quilt top was done I put together another row for the back, sewed the back together and made the quilt sandwich (back wrong side up, batting, quilt top right side up), marked the lines for quilting and pinned it all together.
I discussed the quilting a bit in another post.
Here's the back where you can see the quilting as well as the accent row.
After it was quilted I pieced the binding together with three different colors from the same fabric line, sewed it to the right side of the quilt then hand stitched it to the back. Here's the final result after washing.
It's about 69 inches square.
And here I am with my friend who now owns "The Rose Garden".