Another recipe from the pile.
Rosemary Cauliflower Soup with Bacon
1 head cauliflower
1 medium onion, chopped
5 inches chopped rosemary, or 1 or 2 tsp dried
2 cloves garlic, mashed, chopped
2 tbs butter or coconut oil
3 cups chicken broth
Celtic sea salt to taste
Crumbled bacon (opt.)
1. Steam one head of cauliflower about 20 minutes.
2. Saute onion and rosemary until onion is golden. Add garlic for 2 minutes.
3. Add cauliflower and broth to pot.
4. Blend in blender in batches.
5. Return to another pot to heat through.
6. Season generously with sea salt.
7. Garnish with bacon.
I made the mistake of adding the garlic (whole, not chopped) right before blending instead of sauteing it with the onions. Amy coughed after her first bite because of the "heat" of the garlic. I think the soup will be fine leftover, but we'll see. It's was good with a little butter added to the soup bowl. DH was thinking of adding sour cream.