I finally finished the vintage smock I've wanted to make for years (I don't even remember when I bought the pattern, but sometime within the last four years.). I bought cheap fabric at Joann, I think it was about $1/yd. It's been in my stash for a long time also. I'd date this somewhere around the 1930s, but could be early 40s.
The directions were somewhat challenging as they left out assumed details. Women back then probably did know what to do and how. I did know what to do, sort of, but I'm so used to having a nice picture for every step. I also discovered that I knew how to do the pocket better than the directions. When I couldn't understand an instruction, I just did what a modern pattern would say to do. So, it was certainly I "thinking" project.
I found some vintage bias tape at the little antique store around the corner from our house. I used it for the bottom inside part of the sleeve. That was a fun little detail.
Next project is the Avalon quilt, that I briefly blogged about the other day. It's made with twelve 18" blocks with shashing between and a border. It's all cut out and ready to go. I hope I get some time to work on it tomorrow.
Also reminding myself:
Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27