Thursday, August 14, 2008

Our school

Someone asked me about our school, so I'll try to give an answer.

We use Ambleside-Online and have all along. We don't read everything, but use it as a guide. I put it all together in a weekly schedule of readings. I also use Manager's of Their Homes for a daily schedule. We roughly follow it. Some days we don't.

All that and a lot of prayer brings it together.

This summer we've learned about:

Corn

Cantaloupe

Cucumbers


Sunflowers

Cherry tomatoes that came up from two years ago.

Japanese beetles and traps

Zucchini

Celery

And yellow squash and tomatoes in abundance.

3 comments:

Joanne Kennedy said...

Yum home grown veggies! I love them.

This is the first time I've been to your blog. I'm loving it!

I would love to have those aprons you made. So cute! I've always wished I could sew.

I can't get over how cute the American Girl Doll apron is. Oh my great niece would love to have one! You should sell them...or do you? What a darling present that would be. An apron for her and one for her doll.

Thanks for entering my giveaway. Good luck winning.

Hugs,
Joanne

Mom said...

Everything looks really healthy but the corn. What's up with that?

momawake said...

We're not sure happened to that ear, the others were pretty good.