Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sunday news

Today we had a family over after church. They are a family of 8 (six boys). It's been so much fun to have people over and get to know them better. There have been times in my life that I just didn't want to do that, but I'm really enjoying it and haven't had worries about feeding a lot of people. Although I will admit that I had a hard time deciding what to serve when we were expecting a total of 15. Thankfully, it's chili time of year. ; ) We had it again today served over pasta.


This week I hope to finish the fall dress. I work on it a little each day, therefore not hurting my neck so much. My next project I have in mind is a vintage smock. I plan to make it with long sleeves so I can use it as an apron. I thought of making something like chefs wear, but this smock pattern is so much more feminine and cute.


A good news story:

Our friends who are in the process of a Russian adoption have been raising funds. A friend of theirs did a yard sale for them. Although we didn't get to it I found out there was a box of vintage patterns donated and asked for the whole box. I was excited to get to look through it. After looking through it and picking out what I wanted we decided to put one of the remaining patterns on ebay. It was a 40s apron pattern. I knew apron patterns sell. Amy did the honors of listing it for me. I was expecting to get something for it like maybe up to $10. I checked it yesterday morning and it was up to $17.75. When I checked it after the auction ended it was $43.99!!


Today my friend called me and told me her story. Tuesday she was feeling overwhelmed and discouraged about the whole process and prayed that God would give her some sign by the end of the week whether or not they should continue with the adoption. She said she got her answer when I emailed her about the pattern selling for so much. It's just so obvious that God worked in a creative and mighty way to provide. I'm blessed to have been a small part of His work.


2 comments:

Mom said...

I have a bunch of vintage patterns. You are welcome to them. They are a variety of sizes and items of clothing.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it was neat . . . I'm still thanking God for HIS answer to my prayers! ;-)