Sunday, November 28, 2010

Avalon finished

Now don't look too carefully at it, but I finally got the binding on the Avalon. It's now on Amy's bed, although it doesn't fit it since the quilt is more of a large twin and Amy's bed is a double, but she wanted it and I said she could have it.

If I had it to do over again I'd cut the sashing and binding with the grain or maybe I'd have used a solid. There are parts of both the sashing and binding that look crooked because the print was printed crooked or I cut it that way. However, I'm pleased with it overall. And I'm very glad to have it off my list of things to do.

IMG_5547

IMG_5549

IMG_5550

4 comments:

Mom said...

Wow! The quilting is cool too!

Christine said...

Ooooh! I remember looking at that quilt in my Ohio home.

Did you do the quilting yourself?

BTW, I *think* my layer cake will be under the tree this Christmas. I'm still thinking about how to use that best.

The Boring One said...

Very Pretty. :-) I do like.

Nanci said...

This really looks nice. I can see why Amy wanted to stake her claim!