Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Running

Today has been a day of running here and there more than once. It all started last night when I decided to work a bit more on the cute bag I'm making. You know the rule, "Measure twice, cut once." Well, I only measured once...

So today we made another trip to the quilting store (I do love that place) to get 1/2 yard of fabric for the lining of the bag. Of course, I couldn't leave there with just that.

Next door to the fabric store is Mootown Creamery. I'd promised dd we'd stop in there, today was the day. She had mint ice cream mixed with oreos. YUM.

After going a few more places we get home and I start measuring (twice) and cutting the lining, then I wanted to cut out the interfacing, but there wasn't enough. The directions called for 3/4 yard assuming it's folded which it's not. That meant I had only enough for one piece. So off I went to Joann fabrics to get more interfacing (I probably should have waited until I was going in that direction another day, but I really want to work on this bag.) While at Joann's I discovered that calico is 40% off! Which meant I came home with a few more things other than the interfacing. But it was fun.

Tonight I was able to get quite a bit done on it and it's starting to shape up. It's definitely cute.

I'll post more pictures when I finish it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom, you are going to take me to Jo-Anne's. Period. End of story.
(Uh, please?)