Saturday, November 10, 2007

Our week

We've had a normal week. I've not had that much to share it seems. But I have been busy sewing Amy a Christmas dress. It's almost finished. I'll make myself one when hers is finished, but it may have to wait until after Hawaii.

Here's a message I got from the person who bought the vintage apron pattern on ebay.

Dear momawake, Hi again! I recieved the pattern today. Thanks for the sending it so quickly. I am making vintage aprons and selling them so I can stay at home and care for my son and Dad (He is on Hospice). But what I wanted to tell you was that after I trace out the pieces and copy the directions, I will be mailing the pattern back to you to relist and sell for your friends. All I really need is the pattern. Hope this helps some. Again God Bless, Kathy
- 4kathy-c


As my friend says "the story continues."

Today we started getting a few things ready to send to HI. We're sending most of our supplements ahead. I also touched base with the dog sitter. We've been gathering things we need to take. Derrill got the itinerary all together, so we know where we are going and when. ; )

Last night we hosted the pastor and his wife. That was enjoyable and educational. We learned a few more things about the church. The church has been going through times of testing over the last couple years. Now it seems to be in a period of rebuilding or maybe almost to that point.

I think that's it for now. Oh, how could I forget the snowflakes in the air this week. There weren't many, but they were there. : )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope we get to see pictures of the Christmas dress?!

And how do you send supplements ahead to HI?? And why? (Not trying to be nosy, but curious--and wondering why you wouldn't just put them in your luggage ?? Which is what we had to do when we went to Russia . . . ) I'd be glad to learn! ;-)

momawake said...

I'll post pictures of the Christmas dresses or dress eventually.

We are sending supplements ahead (by Fedex)to avoid the radiation caused by the scanning they do to all the luggage. It may not be a big deal, but I'm not sure, so to be safe that's what we're doing.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh--DUD ME--yes--that makes sense. I didn't like that they did that but shipping that many supplements to Russia for a 3 week supply, all in original bottles would be a HUGE expense, so I guess if we fly we'll have to just let them radiate them again. I imagine it kills some good stuff off, but they still seemed to work (tested on things such as allergy supplements) so . . .